Monday, December 03, 2007

A Virus Got Me

No, not a computer virus.. but a stinky old sickness virus.

So, all week, I have been coughing, sneezing, moping, schlepping around, trying not to complain, but boy am I frustrated.

I think I am finally over the hump, going back toward the world of the well, after a week of this.

So I have not been able to workout, which is a major frustration, but I had time to dwell on frustration. Like immersed in it and seeing what maybe God is trying to tell me. Like, I am not in control? Yeah, that. :0

But, I have had computer time back, the computer time I was giving up during Advent. Because I have no energy to do much else, so have caught up on some things here.

I have done some researching to help my 17yo with college thinking. He still has lots of time, but wanted to begin to see what is out there. So I have been doing some phone/computer research on that.

I have been able to catch up on a few friends' blogs, too. That was nice.

Ok.. back to my regularly scheduled life. We have a new dog sitting customer I get to visit today! Yippee!

Have a good week everyone!

Hugs,
Cindy

2 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Hope you're back to feeling 100% soon! We had the flu for 2 weeks then a cold for 1 week - today, we went for a dog walk (pet sitting client) and I fell and twisted my ankle! I'll be okay but it's sore!

Love to you!

Cindy said...

Thanks Maria.

I know many others are sick too- I am sorry you all had the flu. It just makes everyone slow down, doesn't it?

Oh, no-- so sorry about your ankle! Glad you are enjoying the dogsitting. We just got a new customer.. can't wait to post pics. He is a rescue dog, a shelter story.. so cute. A puppy named Teddy.

Tonight our dachund arrives.. we decided to have another 'take in' client. So Maddie is staying with us for a week starting tonight. What fun!

hugs,
Cindy

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels