Saturday, February 16, 2008

Oh my, oh dear, what to do?

The Texas primary is March 4.

For whom shall I cast a ballot?

I can't vote for McCain. I don't care for Huckabee, and honestly, statistically he is about out of hope.

Shall I cross over and try to influece the dems?

The thought of the Corrupt Clintons in the White House for 4 or 8 more years makes me insane. They brought our country to such a low level in the 90s and I can SEE the decay that is directly realted to them.

Bill Clinton, running the halls of the White House unchecked? Reminds me of Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

so that leaves.... Obama.

Oh.

The guy who is for, what is it? Oh, yes.

Change.

He could be a 1940s social science fiction novel. The Ultimate Leader who makes Everyone Happy with Non-Existance polices, but has CHANGE to make things BETTER.

What CHANGE?
What is BETTER?

That is the ultimate scary.

Thank God that God is in control.

And tell me, parents, what do you tell your first-time-voting 18 year old?

When I was first voted in a presidental election, I had the honor of voting for Ronald Reagan.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't you vote for McCain? He is the least worst choice, don't you think? He's solid on defense, anyway.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. McCain is out, and I cannot vote for the Dems. Anyone who is willing to kill children in mass numbers, will not have my vote. God save us!

Pray, pray, pray!!!!

Anonymous said...

How can you vote for Obama? He is not only a proponent of abortion. He is a major proponent of partial-birth abortion. He fought against the ban on partial-birth abortion on the state and federal level. And a Democrat in the White House will insure the next Supreme Court judge appointments are abortion advocates. How scary. Indeed, we must pray, for only the Good Lord can help this nation turn back from its immoral (on seemingly every level) ways. lois in Indy

Cindy said...

Hi all
Thanks for the comments!
McCain does not get my support because he is so fracturous and not who he says he is. The republican party has suffered incredibly in the past 20 years and is looking more and more liberal as the years go on. I feel McCain would put the final nail in the coffin and we would really have pretty much a one party system. A liberal party. I will be sad to see him as the next 'leader' of the repulbican party because I don't know if we can recover and it may soon be just another liberal party.

Lois-
Sorry if I was unclear. Obama does not have my vote for president, but here in Texas we have primaries coming up in March.

Since it really does not matter who I vote for on the republican side (where I would usually cast my vote), I am considering voting in the dem primary to try and affect who their nominee will be.

Both Clinton and Obama are bad choices. But I would rather see Obama in there than Clinton (I think) Just musing how to affect that side.

I don't consider casting a ballot in a primary the same thing as showing my support by voting for a candidate in an election.

So, no, Obama does not have my support or vote. Hope this is more clear!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Ohhhh, I totally understand!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels