Lovely Mass--- oh, the brass, handbells and our LifeTeen director's rich voice in the choir, the Cardinal's homily, the 110 teens all dressed to the T, insence, marble and the giant crucifix... and the place was packed.
The Holy Spirit was THERE.. especially as the Cardinal gave a blessing over the candidates...
Life is good. God is good!
The Kelly family - me, husband John, his mother, Stephen 17, Bryan 14 and Daniel Cardinal DiNardo.
We were the LAST in line to get pictures.. the line took an hour. By the time we got to him we were all filled up on the sugary, yummy pink lemonade. He was so courteous, he treated us like we were the honored guests, not him.
My boys, (who don't like dressing up, hate crowds and were dreading this part of it) were so joyful. Yes, Joyful. We stood in line, talked to friends and the time just went by.
Here is a picture of the boys and their good buddy CB who was also confirmed tonight:
And a final picture of our family with our dear parish pastor, Fr. Norbert. He approved Bryan getting confirmed early with his brother.. God bless him. (And thanks, Leonie, for the idea!)
I love our Church. The sacraments. The history. The lineage. All the trouble we have to go to at times (a 1 1/2 hour rehersal, then a 2 hour Mass, arriving 1 hour early, and then a hour for a picture.. it is all worth it.)
Life is worth it. It means something. The Cardinal and the priests have dedicated their lives to us and the flock. Wow.
What a thing to be a part of.
Ok. I have to tell at least one funny story.
We are in the mass of people after Mass... milling around, trying to figure out where the 'picture line' is with the Cardinal.
I am tired, hungry, thirsty and so is everyone else. I stand there with my 2 tall boys, dh and mil and am addressing the tall child with the blond hair and glasses, trying to make a point.
"But, John! I mean Stephen! I mean Bryan!" I say.. my voice rising...
Bryan laughs and shows me his name tag.
"Mom, even when I am wearing my name on my chest you can't remember who I am!"
lol
4 comments:
Congratulations! What a wonderful way to celebrate and you all look great!
Woo hoo! Congratulations!
And super pics.
And a funny story with which I can totally relate...
Congratulations to all of you! What a beautiful day it was!
I can't believe that they are so tall. Put some dark hair on S and you have the young man who plays Edmund in the Chronicles of Narnia movie! I thought so in the first one and even more so after seeing the second one!
Yeah! I am so happy the day went well. I pray that they continue to grow in their faith everyday. God Bless!
Post a Comment