Today my two 'Sweet Child(s) of Mine' and a friend went to another friend's house for a session of Guitar Hero and other assorted games.
Guess what! I found out on the way home that all of them SANG.
SANG! My boys.. sang! lol Of course I asked for a sample and of course they said no.
The only reason they did was they were playing 4-player and the only way to all be involved is for one to sing. GOSH, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall!
Their friend M, is teaching Stephen how to play guitar. He knows so much. He is a sharp kid anyway and when he does something, he goes all the way. So, Stephen is getting a great deal with the lessons and advice.
In the car (some of my favorite time with my guys and their friends.. you hear great stuff and can even get the shy ones to talk... lol)-- I heard all about frets, buzzhummers and other such guitar things. And these boys have taste. You know what classic music is? NOT rap. NOT hip hop. NOT disco (which I like) It is the classic 80's guitar music. Aerosmith, Journey and such.
They are getting all into it and show me on Guitar Hero and I have to try hard not to just JAM! (Leonie I know you would just go ahead and JAM.. and I should just, too)
I thought to myself, how many moms are encouraging theri sons to play that guitar! Go for it!
Here is a great guitar player I want to tell the guys about...
take a listen!
click here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours
Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)
About Us
- Cindy
- Texas, United States
- We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
~ Pope John Paul II
I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(99)
-
▼
July
(15)
- Really Great Movies: Gregory Peck
- Words Mean Things
- Hero Bunny!
- What we are currently reading (and listening to)
- On the Bench
- COOL!
- Jammin' with Princess Peach
- Who is really in charge at your house?
- Psalm 144:12
- What Scout really wants
- Jemma and Kylie
- Miss Queen Allie
- Ok, I really like my dogs.. but....!
- That time of year again... Video Games Live!
- Hopeful dogs..
-
▼
July
(15)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
1 comment:
Love Singstar and Guitar Hero!
Post a Comment