Oh, darn.
Our neighborhood newsletters were delivered to our doorstep last night and I have a message on my answering machine. The article our Security Director submitted is not in the newsletter.
I never got it. Darn. I sent him an email but should have called him. He is a retired officer and the sweetest man. I should have known not to rely on email.
I have often thought about what email must be like to those over a certain age. My mil wanted to learn the computer so bad when it first became popular. She tried, but 'couldn't SEE' the screen. That was when she was in her 70's. Now she is 88 and still feels like she is missing something when the news and commercials always talk of WWW Dot ... etc. and she hears about email and her bridge friends talks of sending pictures on the internet.
In our neighbhorhood we have many older people some of which give me submissions for the newsletter each month. I can tell they would much prefer the phone or dropping off hard copy.
I have the original newsletter that were published going back to 1972. Back then they were hand-typed. And the typist got credit on the front page. We don't know how good we have it!
Well, I still feel bad I didn't get his article. Waiting until 8am so I can call him.
No comments:
Post a Comment