
A summary of last night:
DING DONG!
bark bark bark bark bark bark bark
DING DONG!
bark bark bark bark bark bark bark bark
DING DONG!
bark bark bark bark bark bark bark
...well, you get the idea.. ;)
We had a fair amount of trick or treaters last night- and I loved the costumes and smiles.
I began the evening by answering the door with a Jar Jar Binks mask on, but after scaring the neighbor's son (he ran crying to his mom at the curb!)-- I took that off.
I still feel bad about that!
It was fun to see the costumes, but the sweetest was when I got two Fairy Princesses about 8 years old at the door, complete with glitter and wands.
As they were turning away to leave, one craned her head to read the little plaque I have over the doorbell button, with the scripture pictured above.
"Come on!" her friend urged.
"Wait, I want to finish reading the Bible verse." she replied.
And did.
I just liked that. Sometimes you put something up like that and see it so much you forget it's there. Kind of offset some of the negatvies that come with Halloween...
2 comments:
Lovely! What verse did you put up?
As for me and my house we shall serve the Lord.
:)
Post a Comment