Our beloved client and doggie friend, Jasper passed away Monday. Here is the note his owner sent. He was a good dog and had a great life. He was loved and he spread joy, one of God's very unique and wonderful creatures.
We will miss you, Jasper!
"Our beloved 11 ½ year old Basset Hound, Jasper, passed away today. He’s had many trials over the years, from an anal tumor to a ruptured disc, with allergies and fatty tumors thrown in there too. He’s always beaten every trial and stayed as loving as ever.
He’s the only pet our kids have ever known, and although we knew he wasn’t long for this world, we were still very, very sad to say goodbye. Jasper was not eating and having trouble breathing over the weekend. I thought it was a stomach problem, but when I took him in this morning, the vet could hardly hear his heart beat. Jasper had fluid all around his heart caused by a tumor at the base of the heart. The vet said there was nothing we could do.
We are thankful that he did not suffer with this for long and that there were not any tough decisions about long-shot medical treatments to consider. We will miss him very much and just wanted to pass this news along to our family and friends. We firmly believe he’s enjoying a special place in doggie heaven with lots of rawhide bones and treats…"
This is a happy memory-- we had a 'dog party' when Jasper, Abbey and Jordan all came over one Saturday night. Lots of fun!
2 comments:
I'm sorry about Jaspar, too!
what a cutie!
I can't believe I never saw this post until now. You are so sweet, and took such great care of him! Reading this brought a tear to my eye...nearly three years later...
Post a Comment