Do not depend on the hope of results. You may have to face the fact that your work will be apparently worthless and even achieve no result at all, if not perhaps results opposite to what you expect. As you get used to this idea, you start more and more to concentrate not on the results, but on the value, the rightness, the truth of the work itself. You gradually struggle less and less for an idea and more and more for specific people. In the end, it is the reality of personal relationship that saves everything.
~Thomas Merton
4 comments:
Aha! you stole my idea, LOL I guess it is a big internet, though :)
Great quote - now I wanna see your blog post on why you are an unschooler! lol! And I like the look of your blog - share the secret to the little pic behind the title. Please? :-)
Hi Marie-
Oh, put it on your blog, too! It is a wonderful quote and I have been passing it all around.
Leonie, I am so remiss. I saw your great post aboyt why be an unschooler... and just have not gotten to it yet. Maybe that is one reason.. our life has taken a new turn, but a good one and though I am busy, we are adapting. and adjusting and our family evoloves through life's changes. Couldn't do that with strict curriculm and schedules. :)
But I am thinking adn will post. Keep posting as I am enjoying reading all you are writing!
Cindy
I love this quote! I think I'll share it with my local hs group!
Post a Comment