Thursday, June 05, 2008

Party night

Tonight I hosted a CAbi party at my house. A friend (who I met through Lighthouse) does CABi and she has bascially taught me how to dress. lol... I mean, I know how to button things but was never good at putting outfits together. It is perfect timing as I am doing more adult things.. like volunteering (where I have to have 'business dress' and my business now has me out in the adult world. :)

Well, I had such a good time. About 20 people from all areas of my life were here. I felt like the old "This is Your Life!" show.
Friends from homeschooling, church, hosptial minsitry, Birthright, neigbhors, dogsitting customers... all in one room.

It all went well, until late in the evening. I was saying goodbye to someone at the door when I heard:

"Cindy! Your dog threw up and now he is eating it.. EWEUUUU!"

Thank you, Boomer. Sigh. Well, my life still rambles on! But it was kind of funny after everyone was so nicely complementing my cute dogs all night.. and then.. Boomer was Boomer.

lol!




"I am old, I was excited by all the people, and my stomach was upset. What did you expect?"

2 comments:

Marie said...

eeewuuuuu is right. But funny!

I wish I could have been there. Someone complimented me recently on how much she loves my thrift store look. And I thought, "it's that obvious?" Ok, so I haven't purchased "new" clothes hardly since high school. And I still have clothes from the 80s. Could it mean I'm fashion challenged??

Cindy said...

Lol, Marie!
Well, the thrift shop look IS in... in fact when she did her presentation she had some pieces that Carol Anderson (the designher of the line) had created with inspirtation from thrift shop! One sweater looked like a grandmother's tablecloth.. very pretty.

I am fashion challenged, too, and never really took time or enjoyed fashion, so it has been fun for me to enter a new world a bit. Yes, I had clothes in my closet since before my oldest was born whcih was in 1990....

lol

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels