I have not been online much (at least not here or my usual haunts) as I have been busy. Yeah, we all are busy, but I have been more busy than my usual.
Summing up, I found what I have been up to fell into 3 catagories:
The Good:
-Hanging with my boys and lots of discussion about a new video game they are getting.
-They are also doing a great job getting to some of the resources I found and many are clicking! One night B was listening to a biography of John Adams and S was watching a DVD of the Wright Brothers. That makes mom happy. Yes, today they read comic books. From John Adams to Scott Adams...:)
-Going to a new teen Faith and Reason class with them.. we talked about Aristotle! (impressed? I was, the guy did a great job leading)
-Getting quotes and moving things along on tons of big and little projects for our house. Many thing I have waited literally years to do.
-Dogsitting 2 sweet Cocker Spaniels (in our house this time) for 10 days. We are really getting to know them and they are so sweet.
- Reading great stuff- Finished Prayer for Beginners by Peter Kreeft and listening to Redwall on audio
-Emailing my friend daily in VA as we do our weight loss and fitness plan together.
The Bad:
-Got bit by a Brown Recluse Spider and had to go to the emergency clinic Sunday night. I am fine, but now I hate spiders :( and have been cleaning every web I can find inside and out! So I guess this bad is also a good.. and found I have true friend neighbors who helped out since dh was out of town.
-Got caught in a giant lighting rain storm and had to hold up at the giant home improvment store. I felt safe as it was full of emergency equipment and flashlights! lol
-My dh called from his company HQ in Illinois and a long time employed died at age 46.
-Got caught up mistakenly in politics at a parish. :(
-Picked up my dh at the airport in rain and heavy traffic. Had to wait for him for 40 min at the curb as his plane was late.
-Had to literally shove Jasper the Bassett into the laundry room after sitting him today as he has to stay there due to piddle mistakes. He looked so betrayed. I am usually the 'fun lady' that just gives him love and food and walks.
The Beautiful:
-Went to Mass tonight and found love, comfort and peace. All the 'bads' melted away and I felt so thankful for all the 'goods.'
The beauty of our faith magnifies all that God has given me and helps me see that the bads are just passing. They also help me grow and turn to him. Beautiful trumps, hands down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours
Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)
About Us
- Cindy
- Texas, United States
- We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
~ Pope John Paul II
I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(304)
-
▼
August
(20)
- Prayer for Beginngers- Peter Kreeft
- The Wright Stuff
- The Good, The Bad and The Beautiful
- The SQUIRREL HUNTERS
- Yummy Irish Soda Muffins
- More Dogsitting....
- What Country Are You?
- Speaking of books.... :)
- Heidi- A Truly Lovely Book
- Quote from a frustrated writer-
- Ok. Time to Stop----
- My Morning Coffee Bench
- Miss Roxy is Leaving Us!
- Miss Roxy is leaving us
- St. Maximilan Kolbe Feast Day- August 14th
- Ralphie Ingenutiy
- Happy Birthday Cake!
- Some 'Advanced Strewing'
- Prayer of St. Ignatius of Loyola
- Obi LUVS Beatrix
-
▼
August
(20)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
1 comment:
I loved your lists - gave me a real picture of your life!
Post a Comment