Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Obi LUVS Beatrix

Ok, I was minding my own business last night having just rented Miss Potter and was curled up on the couch with the dogs enjoying the show. Boys had no interest in this movie, dh was out for his usual long Tuesday night meeting.

I was watching Miss Potter fall in love with this shy, somewhat akward young publisher.






Oh, sweet, and then he proposed. He turned his head to just the right angle and it was...

OBI WAN!



I hit -pause- !

Called the boys..

"Hey, guys, come look at this!" They raced down the stairs and stared in disbelief at Obi Wan Kenobi all dressed up in a bowler hat and a dorky suit, stammering out his love for the spinster-ish authoress of Peter Rabbit.

Shock. But, I watched the rest of the movie, expecting 'Mr. Warne' to whip out a light saber and go after Miss Potter's meddlesome mom.. but it never happened.

I am going to have to watch it again. For the first 30 minutes I had not one inkling that the same actor was both men. :-) Good job, Ewan!

4 comments:

Leonie said...

Two of my teens saw this at the cinema and realy enjoyed it. I also liked Ewan in Down With Love ( some s## scenes/references). he did a great job of being a Rock Hudson sort of charatcer.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Cute!

Anonymous said...

Cindy

You are so funny! Two worlds collide: he-man Obi with girly-girl Beatrix!

Julie

K said...

I love that movie!!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels