Had to get a shot of the birthday cake for Stephen's 17th before it was all gone. (This was taken with my new digital camera last week).
Can't you just imagine someone coming at it with a knife for the next slice...?
I always make a chocolate cake (boxed) with a double batch of homemade butter cream frosting for the boys' birthdays. This rich concoction is plenty for twice a year. Youza it is sweet! Boys said it was the best cake ever this year. :)
And, I am on a 'training' program (trying to train my body to lose some fat.. lol lol) so I didn't serve myself up tastes of batter and frosting while I made it. It was so weird to cook and not eat while I was doing it.. but that is a habit I am trying to change.
So, when I did have a taste of the finished cake, it was better than ever.
As one of my favorite quotes says:
Enough is a good as a feast!
3 comments:
Yum! Happy birthday to your son!!
Anny is having ice cream cake with family on Wed and I am making cakes for his party on Saturday...
Looks yummy!
Beautiful cake!
Happy Birthday to your young man!
Post a Comment