Friday, August 24, 2007

More Dogsitting....

For the next ten days we have two very sweet visitors, Abbey and Jordan the Cocker Spaniels. After consulting with the client and getting the dogs together we decided to have them stay with us instead of visiting them in their home. Jordan is 14 and needs to have lots of love and no stress, and Abbey is along for the ride, too.

They are really very sweet, clean, well-tempered dogs. We are having fun, but as Bryan says, "Mom there are dogs everywhere!"Jordan's favorite hangout is with my dh in his office. Lots of sitting and peace and quiet.

Here I am with the pack... :) Left to right: Abbey, Jordan, Ralphie and Boomer. (Boomer is the grouchy one.. )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! I love how Boomer is facing away from everyone, like he is saying, "HMMPH! There are dogs everywhere!" LOL!

Leonie said...

You look super, Cindy - very fit and trim!

Cindy said...

Ha ha Donna- yes we call him mr. grumpy-- but you know I think he always has a bit of a tummy ache so just has to be set apart. He can be fun for short bursts. Lol

Leonie, thank you. Yes, I am about halfway through my goal. I am beginning to feel like 'me' again as I have put on a lot of weight the past 8 years.

Anonymous said...

That's very inspiring - I've gained a bunch of weight the past year - now I'm swimming, but not daily :-/

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels