Hello everyone! No grumping today... :) Got some antibiotics in me and am turning the corner today as Dr. Nguyen said I would! The best thing about being sick is how good you feel when you are getting well.
Thank you to my friends for asking about me. :)
I thought I might post a bit about our upcoming weekend. I am on my dh's laptop so still have limited computer time. Maybe this is good? I have taken up knitting and actually will sit and knit and find it very relaxing. I am making a sweater for Ralphie, per B's request. Should be interesting.
Today we have tennis and are giving Rod (our pro) a gift basket full of goodies. The boys wanted to give him food as he is a bachelor and every time one of his kids brings any kind of food to practice, he wants some. So, we have food. Cheeses, pretzels, Gherrideli chocolate, homemade pumpkin bread (he told the guys his favorite combo at Starbucks is Pumpkin Loaf and coffee), smoked almonds, energy bars and some sparkling apple cider.
We got the idea for the cider when Spence dropped off her basket to us for St. Nick's Day.. it was wonderful!
Oh, also in the basket is a can of tennis balls and a GC to a local tennis shop. I think it may be a perfect gift because I know he does not make much money doing what he loves, and this is kinda like 'luxury groceries'. lol The boys wanted to get him a Tshirt that said FEED THE COACH. That would have been cute.
Rod has been such a blessing in our lives. He is perfect for my boys- motivates them, really teaches them the techniques of tennis, has a great sense of humor and we see glimpses of his life and life choices. Neat guy.
So, we have tennis today. Also I have a couple of errands to the grocery. S and I are going to talk about credits a bit to wrap up the year.
We have a dogsit customer starting today- our Great Dane and Lab. I got the portrait done of the Great Dane and will post if I can. I didn't get the others done so gave each 'client' a Christmas bag of bone doggy biscuits. :) We will sit the girls today through Sunday.
Saturday we will go to Vigil Mass and may have a visitor.. a guy from dh's past college days who is coming through Houston on the way to his hometown in Port Arthur. We hope he can stay overnight- he is so fun and was such a great host to us years ago when we went to California. I was pregnant with S.. that is how long ago it was!
I am going to make lasagna on Saturday to have Christmas Eve. I had heard of the idea of always having the same thing on Christmas Eve as a tradition. So, thought we would try that. I have my lasagna-making down pat (read easy!) and everyone loves it. So will make that.
We have dog sits all day Sat and Sun.. and also I have a haircut/highlight that I had cancelled this week... and we are going to try and get the tree up. And we leave early Christmas morning to go to my parents'. Oh and we invited Barbara and her dh over for lasagna- she is my friend who is joining the church.. very nice couple.
So, I hope I finish getting well and we all stay well. Well, what is meant to be is meant to be.
Oh, here is a happy thing. Yesterday I made homemade queso for the boys for the first time. It is simply Velveeta Cheese and Rotel tomatoes with green chile. You heat it up on the stove and mix together and dip tortilla chips in and eat. Yum.
The boys had a late night last night. I woke up after midnight, searching for water and they had this feast laid out. Gigantic midnight snack! They had made a fresh batch of queso and the kitchen was a disaster! Pots, pans, spoons, bowls. I was too tired to remind them to clean it up.
I got up this morning.. and the kitchen was sparkling! They had soaked the pans and bowls, rinsed things out, cleaned off the kitchen table..(not perfect, but not bad for teen boys!)
Nice... )
Hope you all have a wonderful day.. and this last weekend before Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours
Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)
About Us
- Cindy
- Texas, United States
- We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
~ Pope John Paul II
I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(116)
-
▼
December
(18)
- Priority Leftovers
- Lean But Not Mean!
- Animal Farm
- Good Morning!
- When things don't go my way...
- Deep Thinker?
- One More Civil War Connection
- Call From Vicksburg
- You Have Your Dreams... I Have Mine!
- I am looking forward to today and the week!
- Perfecto Timing!
- Unfolding In Their Own Time
- Star Wars Rip Off?
- Killer Angels
- My Catholic Momma Friends
- St. Nick Found Us (or You Can Start New Traditions...
- Gentle Math
- You Know You Have Been Married a Long Time When...
-
▼
December
(18)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
7 comments:
God Bless those boys!
And you and dh, too!
Glad you're on the mend!
Oh thank goodness I've found you again!!
I am so pleased to hear you are well - you sure have a busy but pleasant weekend planned.
Gorgeous boys!
Luke, Greg and Nick are here for the hols and we all went shopping this morning and then out for lunch. Mass and dinner and movies to night. :-) Oh, and a photo of all seven sons with Fr Xmas, too!
Cindy,
Glad to hear you're feeling better.
Hope you and yours have a very merry, blessed Christmas.
Blessings!
Cindy,
I didn't know you had this going again. Thanks for the post on my blog about Barbara.
Our Christmas was pretty quiet around here.
It is great to be connected. Please stay in touch.
Hello Bruce..
So glad you dropped in.
Thinking of you this Christmas and New year.
God bless,
Cindy
Hi Cay! Hope you had a great Christmas!
Post a Comment