Monday, December 11, 2006

I am looking forward to today and the week!

Ah, Monday.

I realized that I am looking forward to today. Nothing special happening. In fact on the surface it looks pretty rough. Boxes are everywhere. There are a pile of groceries to be put away. I need to clothes shop for jeans with my 16yos. I have not yet showered and it is after noon.

But.. there is more beneath the surface...

1. The boxes are full of Christmas decorations that my dh and sons brought down from the attic last night. Today we get to sort through and this year will retire a few. And maybe we will get a few new things! And we will start decorating, complete with Christmas carols in the background.

2. Putting away groceries I have noticed how much healthier my ds are eating. This is on their own. And they both have started workout plans.

3. I have not showered b/c I did my work out this am and did my grocery shopping. This is good b/c a bad cold came on last Friday, but I pampered myself all weekend and shook it! And I got some drawing done and some LOTR read. Not bad!

4. I hear my youngest ds in the other room watching the Civil War DVD. After I finished Killer Angels (about the battle at Gettysburg) I re-watched that part on the DVD. Told him how cool it was to see it again, now he is watching it. And now dh is in there with him on his lunch break watching too, and talking about the Civil War. Father and son now have a new common interest. THAT's cool. :)

5. This week we get to do Advent/Christmas stuff. Address Christmas cards, do my drawings for my dogsit clients (got a good one finished of Sophie and Roxy is coming along!), have a new batch of audio books to preview from the library, am expecting my online purchases for the boys to start arriving...

6. Dh likes his job.. for the first time in a long time. Hallelujah! All of you who have had this with your husbands KNOW how important this is.

7. Are taking the boys' buddy out for lunch after tennis this week. I love hanging out with these guys.. they are so funny!

8. Have two dogsits with Jasper.... gotta love him.
So, onward to my day.

Thanking the Lord for all my blessings.
Hope you have a lot to look forward to this week, too.

2 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

That's a lovely, lovely list of accomplishments and I love how you pull the positive out of what might be perceived as negative...in my mind tonight I was doing that, too....

Ok, what did I do vs. what I didn't do...now I need to work on reminding the kids how to look at things! I realize now I have failed at that of late.

Thank you for the reminder!

Cindy said...

Hi Maria-

Be sure and post when you do this.. I happened to have a good day... but don't always.

Today we finally got the decorations put out, the house de-cluttered a bit. I was feeling really down and I think it was the clutter. So, all was not bright. Funny how something like clutter can affect the mood.... :0

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels