Ok, last night at dinner I read from our Pope John Paul II book on Advent. Oh, this was such a find! I highly recommend it.

Afterwards, I pulled out the bits I had found about St. Nick. A brief summary on who he was, how the tradition of gold coins has fully morphed into Santa Clause and what the do in other countries for gifts and traditions, etc.
Then, after dinner, I asked each of my men for a shoe.
Silence. I could tell my 13yos wanted to roll his eyes, but we don't do that in here except in fun, so he didn't.
Relunctantly they each got a shoe for me, knowing this was one of 'Mom's' things. I just smiled and laid the shoes out.
My 16yos then said he didn't think he wanted to eat anything that had been in his shoe. Oh, this is so them! lol
Well.. last night St. Nick came! He brought milk chocolate gold coins for everyone and even some Gherrideli dark chocolate for Dad and some other Gherredeli chocolate for the rest of us.
Smiles this morning!
(and on top of this, my friend Spence's 19yos delieved a St. Nick basket to us today! It was beautiful, full of apple cider, wine glasses, a candle and more chocolate.. What a fun, special day!)
3 comments:
How nice to start a new tradition! And how nice of Spence, too!
Yup.. she is a neat lady... you would like her!
What a lovely idea - a new tradition, yummy chocolate and then a special gift from a special friend. :-)
Like the pic, too - of the shoes and choccies.
Post a Comment