Wednesday, December 20, 2006

When things don't go my way...

I got sick last weekend- headache, dizzy, weak. Put myself to bed as best I could with lots of Vitamin C and liquids. Shook it by Tuesday.

Thursday I did weight training and pulled a muscle.. REALLY bad. I was in pain for days, limping, could not sleep, could not get out of the car! Rested it as best I could. But Tuesday it was almost normal.

Tuesday I caught another, different cold! I have it now. I am miserable. Throat is on fire, headache, dripping nose... weak, no energy.

Dh is out of town.

The monitor on my computer broke. I have to mail it in to be repaired- estimate is 3 weeks. I can't even see what is in my computer to find email addresses. I have very limited access to this other computer, so may not be on much.

What is God telling me? Maybe nothing. Maybe just be the way things are. But I had a plan.... Advent plans,, plans to lose 10 pounds by Dec 31 (hard to do if I have not worked out in a week.. looks like that may extend to two..) had planned... baking, etc. Low key, but they were there. Also my side of the family is all excited because we are suppoosed to drive to my parents' Christmas day and meet my brother et al. What if my cold runs through the house? Do I make sick kids go? I will have major guilt if we don't go.

Reading Leonie's post here about failing. I am thinking... how much of it for me is planning my way and then stressing when things don't do my way?

I know my prayer life needs help, too. Why is it i am farthest from it when I need it most?

I talked to a friend yesterday who I had not touched base with in a while. Mostly I didn't call her b/c i have had a rough couple of weeks. Didn't want to whine. I found out she had a really bad time, too. It felt so GOOD to realize each other was going through this.. and make that connection. I think I will call her again today.

Leonie- thinking of you.. and I can relate so much. I will try to get over to your blog while I have this computer, too.

Hugs to all--- give yourself lots of love and space. That is what I am going to try and do. I feel much better just typing this out!

3 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Cindy,

I was wondering where you have been!

I'm so sorry you're sick and your body hurts!

Sending hugs and love - and prayers!

I know what you mean about *your* plan - mine hasn't worked out the way *I* wanted in a long time!

Leonie said...

Oh, Cindy, I am so sorry that you've had a yucky week. You are in my prayers - hugs coming your way. And thank you for thinking of me.

Leonie said...

How are you today Cindy? Hope all is well...

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels