Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Help Wanted: Editor for neighborhood newsletter

Our neighborhood has a newsletter and is now looking for a new editor. It is a paid position! Not much, but that is luring in my sons. And, this might be a small stepping stone of experience to doing more writing one day. It is limited in scope, mostly ensuring the submissions follow an existing policy, interface with residents and the publisher and some editing.

Last night I had an 'interview' with the board. Wow--took me back to my working days as I stood up and listed my 'qualifications', why I wanted the job and expalined my sons' role in helping me. I don't know if we will get the job, but here is my followup thank you email.

One should *always* write a thank you note after an interview!
That I learned in my years of interviewing others and being interveiwed myself. This is good chance for my boys to learn about job interviewing ettiqute as well. Lots of opportunity for learning everywhere in life.... planting seeds for the future...

Dear K---,

Thank you for inviting me to the board meeting last night, as I enjoyed meeting everyone. Please let me know if you or any others have further questions for me. I truly look forward to working with all of you on the newsletter if you determine I am the best candidate.

My sons and I would really appreciate this opportunity and to reiterate, they will be helping in many capacities, but I will oversee and ensure seamless service to our residents as well as a professional interface with the publisher.

Do you know when you all will be making your decision? I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again,

Cindy Kelly



Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Hope you get the job!!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels