Sunday, October 29, 2006

All Saints/All Souls Day

I have been trying to become more aware of our Church's liturgical year and incorporate it in our lives.

The nice thing is to see how far we have really come in the past years. And all just a bit at a time, naturally. For instance we always observe Advent, whereas the first years of my dc lives I didn't even know the word! A blessing.

Leonie has a nice link to some sites for All Souls Day. I am printing off some of the text to read to the boys and also plan to make the Souls' Cakes. A first for us.

But I wanted to post here of something that came naturally to me, but I see as a culumiation of all these years of homeschooling and evolving.

As I printed off the pages, I knew I needed a binder. I pulled out a new white binder, got some divider tabs and started a section on All Saints/All Souls. This will be where I collect the Liturgical Year information and finds I make.

This stems back to long ago reading Cindy Rushton (the Binder Queen!) and since always having a supply of new binders and dividers. In past years I would print off info on Lent and saints, but it ended up lost. What a perfet place to put it all.
The little circles of the rings in the binder.. the pages that will turn from season to season... the place on my shelf that will keep it within easy reach.

Wow, I am really jazzed on this, aren't I?

And what perfect timing. Advent is coming. Our new year. Oh God is good! Blessings everywhere....

2 comments:

Leonie said...

I like your binder idea - I hardly save anything! Just hope I'll find them again on the web or in a book! Your organization inspires me.

Cindy said...

Well... glad I am inspiring you.. but you should see the rest of my house! Not so neat as my binder.. lol

Yes, I lose stuff too, and that is ok sometimes. If it is meant to be it will find me again, right? :)

But maybe I will just put the really good stuff in the binder, so to make sure I remember to do it again in coming years.

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels