Friday, January 26, 2007

Hi Tech Hi-jinks

Ok, this was really funny.

Tonight my boys each had about 30 min of math to do on the computer. Also they had a long overdue thank you letter to write (jointly) for a Christmas gift from a relative. I hang out during the math to help them figure what problems to skip.

They try to minimize the amount of time this all takes, so came up with a plan.

While B does math, S addresses, stamps and puts return address on the envelope for the letter. While S does math, B writes the letter.

Well, B and I did math while S came in and out looking for stamps, addresses, etc.
Then, S came over to the computer and started math. B went upstairs to computer #2 to start the thank you note.

Soon, S and I were interrupted by an Instant Message. It was B, wondering if his letter was long enough. lol

He wrote that it was two paragraphs so far. What did it say? we asked. He cut and pasted and we read it. I made suggestions and we IM'd back.

Back to math. He IM'd again. Should he add that he is sorry it is late? Where? After about 4 or 5 more IMs we finally got back to math.

Then the printer on our desk fired up and out his letter came. Just was too funny!

Then down the stairs ran B. He grabbed the letter off the printer, gave it to S to sign, signed it himself,folded up and put it in the prepared envelope, S wrapped up his math and off they went.

Whoosh!

2 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I like their formula for sheer efficiency!

Leonie said...

Oh, I love technology!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels