Monday, January 29, 2007

Multi-Task Monday Mania

Just a minute to make this post, as my day seems to have some humor in it...

What a multi-task Monday this is turning into.

Mondays are usually busy in that it is my big grocery shop (and put away) day. I also workout prior to the store in the morning.

My day so far:

Up twice in early hours with dogs who 'needed' go to out.

Up and ready for workout. Forgot to menu plan night before.

To workout. Feel really crummy (totm) so cut out after aerobics portion and head to grocery store.

At store, get a coffee and sit down to menu plan since I forgot yesterday.
Shop- lots of details as I use a coupon system and had to *think* as I went through the store.

Buy some totm meds (first time in years) because I felt SO mean this morning and laugh at myself as filling up water bottle refills thinking of the Raymond episode when he bought some for Debra.. lol So glad I got a laugh in, things were grim until then. :0

Home- boys unload all the bags and dh tells me I had a call from a dog-sit client. Need to go over asap and give meds and let out as owner was called out of town. Dog had a neck injury and is on pain meds.

Tell boys to do all the putting away they can, read the chapter I asked them to last night and be ready to discuss.

Put away perishable groceries.

Make up invoice for dog sit and head over. Sit and hang out with Jasper the dog.

Get home and finish putting away groceries.

Make post on UC about John Holt quote. Last night I woke up at 3am and was thinking hard on this and want input from my friends.

Start on Lighthouse work. Need to call and get delivery status on two orders (yeah!) I got Friday.

Write up plan for Lighthouse launch at my parish and submit.

Get call from another parish who bought the CDs but never 'launched'. Volunteer wants help so spend the rest of the afternoon writing a plan and parish annoucments for that parish. When it rains it pours!

Find time to straighten up house from the weekend.

Discuss first Chapter of Catholicism for Dummies with 16yos and share with him the UC discussions on eating meat on friday, or not.

And other stuff, I *had* planned to do today but may get put off:
Make up LOTR discussion questions for Friday
Call to find out vision beneifts and make appointments
Clean house (ok scratch that one off... another few days won't hurt anything)
Talk with S about high school progress.

Who says we ever have time to get bored? Well, only during the housework part.

What fun!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Hey, your days sound like mine- busy. I never get to finsh everything on my To Do list ( do I write too much on there? ).

Loved hearing about your day and hope you feel better...

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels