Wednesday, January 24, 2007

New Tact on the Journey...


Well, it is a cold, rainy day in Houston and a fresh batch of icy air has moved in. Fellow Houstonians are complaining, but you won't hear that talk around here. We love it!

I am finding this blog is migrating in purpose a bit, which makes sense for journally type writing. It started as a place to explore thoughts on why and how we home educate. But I see now it has become more of a place to reflect a part of our life and home to my friends. It may migrate back again later.. who knows?

I think most of my visitors are friends, and they check in on me, and as most have blogs I check in on them. This is so fun. It is like icing on the cake of life. To be able to fire up the computer and see what my long distance friends are up to, see pictures of new babies, or birthday parties, or trips to museums. How cool.

I also find that when I blog, my journals are much more detail than the ones I keep on my own. Though the ones on paper serve other purposes (more detailed for credits, private thoughts not appropriate for the Internet.. lol), etc. So, it is a nice complement to the other journalling I do and I plan to print it all off for my binders every so often. It is also a creative outlet for me. Feels good to write and produce some pleasing blog entries. Do others find that?

So,it seems this blog is fast becoming more of a slice of our life. I think that may attract a certain audience, but also will bore others to death! lol

So, onto my next post.. as I sip my coffee and listen to the rain and thank God for my wonderful life here in rainy SE Texas.

God Bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cindy,
The Internet is amazing.
I am sharing the coffee and rainy weather with you at this very minute...and enjoying our visit. :)

Like you, I love this quiet and rainy weather. Who would think of complaining? :)

Cindy said...

Ah... I agree. Off to light the fire and knit. :)

Leonie said...

I think blogs are such a great way to KIT. My son J blogs on My Spoace and leaves messages there for his friends instead of texting or emailing. :-)

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels