Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I'm So Excited!


I finally was able to meet with my pastor and our Adult Education director at my home parish today about the Lighthouse Catholic Media CDs... and they loved them! And when the director asked when.. Father dove right in! We are going to kick off the ministry on the first Sunday of Lent!

I am SO excited!

I had to make my presentation quick. Father looked so tired and only had a few minutes. So I told them my conversion story and how so much of it was inspired by these speakers and writers. Then how my dh's faith expanded the same way. And then how last summer I found out that St. Joseph's was starting up this ministry and I signed up.

Then, I went through a fast version of how it worked. My pastor loved the speakers, especially Scott Hahn. Yea! And, saw right away how this would work, since I didn't cover it all to shorten it, he practically read my notes back to me. Great for commuters. Great for young families. Great for people who don't have time.

And it turns out the AD Director was looking for some new tech ways to get the message out. And here it is!

And, she found out I wanted to lead the ministry and do the restocking, announcements and legwork. So it was a win-win.

This LCM work has had its ups and downs, but the ups are such ups, because I know that these CD will get good teaching out and also will help people through very difficulties. The speakers are just wonderful.

And today we read the daily scripture and guess what it was? Sowing seed.... and seeing were it falls. On rocky soil, or thorns or good soil. That was so nice to read before I went in, in case they didn't like this.

This is really an easy thing to show people because it really is like I am just a messenger and if God's word is going to spread, it will. But it is so wonderful to see a bit of fertile soil...

Just to think... hundreds... thousands of CD will go out. How they might affect people's lives? Amazing. I am so excited we are going to have this in our own parish.

And kick off weekend is the first weekend of Lent! Please say a prayer for us. :)

And if you want this in your parish, let me know and I will see who the rep is in your area. And if you want CDs for you and to share, check out the new CD of the Month club. (put in promo code 1125 and I will get some bubble gum money.. lol)
click here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hurray!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Congratulations, Cindy!

Awesome!

Leonie said...

I'll say a prayer - and its great to hear that its taking off!

Anonymous said...

Thanks all.. and I got an order today for a downtown parish I first called on last year. Lovely Education director.. such a lovely woman and also a homeschooler! I get to meet the best people doing this.

Thank you for your prayers.

Cindy

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels