Sunday, January 07, 2007

Out of Step, In Step

Today our family had our Christmas gift exchange. B and I had an early morning dogsit with Sophie (her picture is to the right) and her sidekick Bailey first and I thought to myself that I could not run by Starbucks for my cup of bliss since it was Christmas morning and it would be closed. But it wasn't! So I did!

Today after we opened gifts, B commented that the rest of the world has moved on, but here we are celebrating Christas. I almost felt like a missionary in a pagan land or something. lol

Ooh, now the good stuff. Guess what I got? Well, I knew about it because I picked it out over a month ago when Hobby Lobby had a big sale.

I found this book months ago and Barnes and Noble and splurged and bought it. Paint Happy



I loved it. I loved the color, the style and her whole attitude toward painting. I want to loosen up when I paint. I liked watercolor, but felt I was always folloing rules and always painting realistic.

To see more of her art, go here.

But, when I went to get the supplies (acrylic paint, pastels, etc) it was a lot fo moola so I put it off.

Well, for Christmas I got the whole kit and kaboodle!

Then, today I went to set up my things in the guest room where I have a craft table. Boys looked at each other.. uhem.. well, that is now their light saber room. ((Don't ask questions.)

I wanted a quiet place where I could leave everything out. Bryan suggested his room as he really only sleeps there. Long story short, we moved things around and I now have a studio! It is the quietest room in the house, and has sunny windows. I set up my supplies and a radio and listened to C&W and painted away today. Dogs laid on B's bed and slept while I painted.

I will post some creations later.

So, now am picking up the trimmings, boys are checking out their stuff and we had a nice day.

3 comments:

Leonie said...

What a cool day - have fun with your art!

Cindy said...

Thanks Leonie!

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

I love this, Cindy.

Life should be like this!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels