Ok, here is the short version. ;)
I was going through RCIA in 1997. (my third go-round)
I was about to quit. (again)
A couple of charismatic evangelical Christians who were converting to Catholicism (another story) brought their friend Jeff to the meeting one Sunday morning. They also told me about the book Rome Sweet Home by Scott Hahn.
I talked with Jeff about my continuing concerns.
I read the book.
I converted.
Then, that summer I went to the Applied Biblical Studies and Defending Our Faith conferences at the Franciscan University of Steubenville and got to talk with Jeff more. He is such a lovely person, as is his wife Emily.
I would see Jeff on Life on the Rock on EWTN. Then, he left and was replaced as host by Fr. Francis Mary. I didn't see Jeff anywhere... though I don't get EWTN, I check in on the computer, etc.
Last night, I listened to the newest Lighthouse Catholic Media CD- 15 Things to do when Suffering by... Jeff Cavins.
Wow. Now I see where he has been. He had been undergoing incredible physical suffering and has used it to share with others. I then found his website today:
Jeff Cavin's site
Check out his site.. lots of good stuff!
He is such a wonderful witness.. humorous and human and always willing to share. I also saw that he is bringing his Great Bible Adventure to Houston in March! I hope to go. Also saw a post that he has received the imprimatur on that program, too.
God Bless you, Jeff!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours
Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)
About Us
- Cindy
- Texas, United States
- We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
~ Pope John Paul II
I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(304)
-
▼
February
(26)
- Jeff Cavins
- Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- Our Parish Weekend
- Two and a Half Inches in 5 Months?!
- Schedules, Growing Up, Life
- Thursday After Ash Wedneday
- Ash Wednesday
- More Happy Lighthouse News
- Lighthouse Launch Weekend!
- Some Integrated Life that was Unplanned
- Joyfully Making Learning Connections
- Cordio and Juliet
- News I Have Dreamed Of!
- The Way it Oughta Be
- Join me as I dabble...
- St. Valentines' Sweets for my Sweeties
- Ok, Ok..something new...:0
- Next Up From Taste Of Home...
- Made Yesterday... Gone Today!
- How an ex- 80's business woman came to mop her own...
- HOW Cool!
- Iowa
- "This is the best apple pie I have ever had in my ...
- You Gotta Love Teens
- More Thankfulness and my Current Booklist
- A Nice Day: Flowers In My Garden
-
▼
February
(26)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
3 comments:
What a neat story, Cindy!
When you lived in Ohio, were you near Stuebenville?
Cool to see the "Jeff" connections. :-)
I was watching "Life on the Rock" the other day and wondering what happened to Jeff.
Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment