
I got up early today to have a call with my Clonlara advisor. We usually talk very early Friday mornings. I always feel so good after our calls. We talked about learning styles, math, learning, life, etc.
Then as I was getting the kitchen together my old friend.. I call her my really OLD friend, as she is 5 months older than me. lol! I have known her since we were nine. She called and had a client meeting about 2 blocks from my house (she lives 45 min away and we don't see each other enough), so we made plans for lunch.
Then we proceeded to talk for an hour on the phone. Well, we had things to say!
Then, an old homeschool friend who moved away about 2 years ago called and we talked for an hour! Fun to catch up.
Then, I went to lunch and talked to my friend for another hour. lol One of the things we talked about is how wives need to talk more than husbands. We laughed and laughed and she is one friend who knows me inside and out. I told her some of the ocmments the Clonlara advisor would give me, like "Cindy, don't borrow trouble!" and she would laugh and laugh. She has seen me borrow a lot over the years. I borrowed clothes from her in college and lots of advice over the years.
Everyone needs friends like this. Who know you better than you know yourself.
What a gift.
But, what a nice morning. To have three (well four) beautiful conversations in one day. I felt so happy, having such lovely people in my life. And thought about how I have even more... some e-friends and long distance, and some local who are like flowers in my garden!
I came home from the resturant and picked up the boys, who were fed, dressed and ready to go. (Those of you with toddlers.. this WILL happen one day!)
We went to our Lord of the Rings discussion at the local bookstore. Another mom and dd had come up with the topic of the art of LOTR and Tolkein. She had discovered that he was an artist! I had no idea. I really liked the discussion, though the boys didn't as much.
Then off to pick up the boys' friend from school and to tennis. Then during tennis I came home to get a check to pay the instructor and had another quick conversation with a friend with whom I am planning some new support meetings here locally. Nice.
Then to pick up boys at tennis and home for a nice nap on the couch with the dogs.
Well, I *was* going to clean the house today, but I think this was time well spent.
2 comments:
Very lovely!
Sounds like a very lovely day!
My, you have a very busy life!
Post a Comment