
Something was out of kilter.
It took a few days to figure it out. Wait, that is it. I am looking UP into Bryan's eyes. I thought he had been getting taller...
"Bryan! Get in here! I have to measure you!"
The boys know not to resist when I am on a tear like this. I get it in my head I have to measure them and I have to. They start ambling toward the kitchen kicking off their shoes, and back up to the wall where I mark heights on the wood molding.
Bryan did so and I marked it. Up 2 1/2 inches since September 2006. Now is is officially 2 inches taller than me and just plain taller than me. I am 5'6 1/4" and always felt rather tall. Well no more.
I am the shorty!
Funny, because his jeans have been looking short.. and now that I look they are well, about 2' 1/2" too short!
2 comments:
Wow - a lot of growth. I know I have 5 kids taller than me ( I'm 167 cm - 5ft 6 in) . I have one biy the same size ( Thomas ) and one a lot shorter ( Anny, thank goodness! lol!).
Cindy,
Mine are quickly passing me up as well. Brianna is taller than me, but not by much. Matthew is not far behind her. We watch a video that Matthew took a year ago on my phone camera. He sounds like Emma. Now he sounds like a grown-man, and he isn't even 12!! He couldn't believe that he was listening to himself. They grow so quick. I just wish I could hold on a bit longer...
Post a Comment