Monday, February 26, 2007

Our Parish Weekend


I am exhausted as we had so much going on at my parish this weekend.

I am sponsoring a catechumen into the Church so had a retreat all Saturday morning to attend. Then Sat evening, I went up to attend the Lighthouse stand after Mass.

Then Sunday I attended the stand after each of 4 Masses, attended Mass with my Catechuman at 9am (but we left before Eucharist), went to the Rite of Election at 2:30 and also ushered people in from 12:30 - 2pm, then attended Mass for me at 5:15! I logged a bunch of hours!

One thing I came away with was how beautiful it was to have a large parish santuary because we were able to host the Rite. It was awsome seeing the bishop- what a beautiful Rite and ceremony.

And, attending the Lighthouse stand was wonderful! Especially after the 9am and 11am Masses, when Fr. N gave a TERRIFIC annoucement and endorsement for the CDs.. we were mobbed! And I interacted with so many people. I met more parishioners this weekend than I have met in 8 years of attending Mass at my parish. Can you imagine?

Next weekend I am going to stand up and make an annoucement at each Mass. Please pray for me... that I say the right thing, take the 'me' out of it and say what I am supposed to. And that I figure out what that is this week. I also am NOT standing behind the ambo.. but out front of the alter. We have a BIG Church. I have nothing to hide behind. Gulp.

Oh, I listened to Fr. Corapi's new talk on Christ's Redemption today... oh, it is great! All about everything.. the mess of the world, our identity in life... I just love him. I enjoyed housecleaning because he was talking in my ear!

3 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

So many wonderful things here!

Congrats!

Leonie said...

I'll say a prayer for your talks - and love the pic of your church!

K said...

I love Fr. Corapi! I could listen to his voice anytime....

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels