Friday, February 23, 2007

Schedules, Growing Up, Life


I think we are in (another) transition stage in our house.

Well, the last big transition was dh working at home full time. He does travel sometimes and see clients, but he is home the rest of the time. It has caused little ripples I didn't expect. Such as now eating dinner together most every night is not as important as we see each other so much all day long. First time our life has been like this in our 24 years of marriage!

Now, we are seeing changes with the boys' and my schedules. I am doing more outside.. as they need me less on a minute to minute basis. They are becomming more independent. Our ships often pass in the night.. literally as they LOVE to stay up late and I like to go to bed early as I enjoy early am workouts and getting things done in the am.

We have been talking this last week about how we can meet in the 'twain... and I explained the idea of pegs to them again. Trying to peg their life so everything gets done. My oldeset is especially wanting to get his workouts in. His biggest challenge is he needs so much sleep and it takes up too much of his time.

Younger one is frustrated b/c he needs less sleep and has to wait for older one to wake up to get started on their plans. :0

Glad I am writing this down, because I know things will soon change again. Wasn't that long ago I could not sleep unless my little ones were asleep too!

2 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Oh, Cindy!

It goes so fast!

My oldest will be 10 in a few days and the second will be 9 in a few days....

I'm seeing a maturity in the oldest that is remarkable....sob!

I like your last comment about how there was a time when you couldn't go to sleep unless they were asleep!

Leonie said...

Cindy, I'd be interested in the pegs that your boys come up with. I know Jonathon pegs things around his work schedule. Alexander likes to get up early and get his workout in and some of his have tos.

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels