Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Next Up From Taste Of Home...


Another choice of B's... but I forgot to buy coke. Hum... wonder what I can sub?
Planning to bake tonight....
Humm, what is that garnish, mint? I wonder if I should run out and get some coke. I see it takes a lot. Gosh, I am in the mood to bake, maybe I will!

Cinnamon-Chocolate Snackin' Cake
From Taste of Home


INGREDIENTS

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 cup cola
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup butter, cubed
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

FROSTING:
3 tablespoons baking cocoa
6 tablespoons cola
1/2 cup butter, cubed
3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
1 cup chopped pecans, divided

PREP 30 min.
COOK 35 min.
TOTAL 65 min.

DIRECTIONS
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in marshmallows; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring the cocoa, cola, oil and butter to a boil. Pour over flour mixture; mix well. Stir in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
For frosting, in a large saucepan, bring the cocoa, cola and butter to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and 3/4 cup pecans until blended. Spread over cake; sprinkle with remaining pecans. Cool until frosting is set before cutting. Yield: 15 servings. Editor's Note: Diet cola is not recommended for this recipe.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made it.. RICH RICH RICH!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy - interesting mix of flavors: cinnamon and chocolate.

Let us know how it tastes! =)

Leonie said...

Wow, it sounds SUPER rich. I wonder if Thomas would like to make it - but, then, he doesn't like eatin rich cakes with frosting, so maybe not. :-(

Anonymous said...

Well, honestly it was a bit rich for me. I have had similar cakes called 'dump cakes' or Texas sheet cakes.

We ate it, and enjoyed it, but probably a once a year kind of desert. Leonie, my bet is that J would not care too much for it....

Make the bread instead! lol

cindy

Anonymous said...

Looks yummery than yum!
I think I have all the ingredients except the marshmallows. I'm up for a rich, chocolate cake before Lent begins. ;)

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels