We had moved from Ohio to Austin to a 2 bedroom apt.
We didn't know what my dh's job held.
He traveled constantly.
I had 2 dogs, as well, one an exuberant puppy, one geriactric and ill.
Most of our stuff was in storage.
We had no family and few friends in Austin.
The boys were 4 and 7. And I was a tender 38. :)
Here are some notes..!
I remember writing the first document.. the title was really a cry of desperation! (Notice the all caps in the titles....lol)
HOW AND WHEN I’LL GET EVERYTHING
DONE
Straightening up clean up as go along, everyone
must
clean up
their own messes!
Laundry Do daily load without
fail. Boys start doing
own laundry. Wash when basket is full.
Cleaning house 30 minutes a day
(see how it goes…)
Dog
walking what can I do? Take both whenever
possible. Have SJ and John help
Household planning so Sunday evening
and Tues am
School
planning “” “”
School reading, internet,
journal Keep spiral journal
out. Do reading
during afternoons and evenings
Grocery shopping ONCE
PER WEEK! If we don’t have
it, we can live
without it. Menu plan on
Thurs., shop on Fridays.
Phone calls Plan
ahead and do them
2-4pm
Don’t answer phone except 2-4 pm
Errands
Consolidate and
go on Fridays and
Tuesdays
Bills/office Do Monday
evenings
Then I wrote this to figure out how to get there...
HOW WE WILL GET THERE...
Every
evening, look ahead to next day
Make notes about what works and doesn’t
work
Keep white board list of ideas, thoughts
Ease into schedule
with boys. Possibly in this order:
regular bedtime
morning routine
time alone with each boy
don’t start with chores right away
give
them sense of time that I’m totally dedicated to them, vs time for them to
entertain themselves
computer and tv to be seen as reward and limited- plan
ahead what you want to use those times to do and see
scheduled snacks
a
particular day means a particular schedule or no schedule
schedule is good-
means predictability, known time to do things you like
Oh, and look at the sweet goals I had for Bryan when he was four! I am so glad I wrote this down!!! XXXXOOOO!
GOALS FOR BRYAN IN 1998 Age 4 to 5science
1/19/98
1. Faith: Talk about God. Learn The Lord’s Prayer. Read
and know Bible stories. Involve in family faith traditions.
2. Manners:
Learn how to communicate when angry, not to throw tantrums. Remember to say
please and thank you. Involve in writing thank you notes for gifts.
3.
Love of Learning: Expose to lots of new things (besides computer). Read books,
books, books and go outside and explore. Encourage and spend time with Bryan
doing his age level of activities.
4. Household Chores: Learn to do
chores without complaining. Learn to do them as a matter of course. Goal for end
of year:
get dressed
make bed
clear table
pick up toys
other
chores when asked
5. EXPLORE!
Music
art
books
nature
2 comments:
Ha ha..
I read these to Bryan and he says my goals for him have not changed! Except for the tantrums... lol lol lol lol lol!
Very funny - and very cute to look back and see where we've been...
Post a Comment