
Ok, today while at Jasper's house I did some planning.
I love it at Jasper's house. It is beautifully decorated. After our walks and medication-giving (the latter is not a pretty site) I just sit in the lovely living room and do my reading, or as today, sit at the kitchen table, look out on the backyard and plan.
The house is perfect and I do not live there, so I don't see 'projects' around me everywhere. It is kind of like being in a pretty hotel lobby all alone.
With a snoring Basset Hound.
Anyway--
There are some things I want to share with the boys this spring. And they are also finding it difficult to get in all the things they want to do. So I wrote a few things down.
Pegs..(thank you Leonie once again for this idea!)
I know we won't do this like clockwork, but it gives us some structure to hang our hats on.
After breakfast each day:
Daily scripture, prayer and read alouds.
The scripture is the daily Mass gospel. I like to share interesting things I find in Magnificat and In Conversation with God. Also we are trying to do three Hail Marys a day as the Holy Father requested for an end to terrorism. And in this we also include praying for ALL world leaders. Then our intentions are offered with an Our Father.
For read alouds I am using my idea box.. and reading articles or snippets I find. I may throw in some poetry, but I always get booed when I do. lol
I tried to peg my things. I have so many I won't type them. But things like housework, Lighthouse calls, bill paying/insurance/taxes, research for homeschool resources, etc. I put them on certain days, but have a check off list, so if I am in the mood I can do them earlier or later.
I have two lists for the boys. One is for them to do weekly- figure out when to fit things in. They want to workout 4X week. They are doing math 3X week. I hope this helps them look at their week and put it on their calendar and get to it.
Dh wants them to do some house chores each week. And I would like them to begin the Joy of Science DVDs and be ready for some discussion by Thursdays. So part of this hopefully will help them find time to get to the demands on their time.
Also, with the CDs and the RCIA program I have just again discovered what a gift it is to know our faith. I hope to share that with the boys. We have done so in an informal manner daily for years. We did more formal curriculum a few years ago... in pieces. But I would like to more systematically learn about our faith. It is so beautiful. And at my parish I have met more people who have fallen away and come back to the Church. The number one reason for leaving seems to be poor catechesis. I want to share this joy.
I wonder if I can with more systematic methods.... I don't know. This is an experiment. One week at a time.
Also S and I will work on credits once a week or so. I am not sure we will ever need them.. but I think they help us see what he does, also what the world counts, and how to be real about it all.
And.. I want to check in on their world more often. I am often surprised at the level of thought and creativity that encompasses their world. They are thinking.
Just peggin... always a dangerous point, as it is easy for me to try and take over. Ah, will take this to adoration next week.
(If I can quit thinking about my grocery list...) lol
1 comment:
I like your plans and pegs - enough, but not too much, iykwim?
Post a Comment