Monday, March 19, 2007

Never, Ever...

... try on spandex when you are in a bad mood.

I went shopping for some new workout clothes today (as I am down to 2 outfits).

It was not pretty.

Oh, and a little icing on the cake! I had my new hoodie on and went to Kroger. I set off the shoplifting alarms coming and going. Came home and found out the sales clerk forgot to remove the security gizmo! Oh.... what a day!

8 comments:

K said...

Cindy,
Trying on Spandex PUTS me in a bad mood!! That's a no-no in my world.

Anonymous said...

Who came up with Spandex anyway??? And as for the security gizmo, I have one on a bra that I no longer have the receipt for! Great, huh?

If it's any consolation your post had me laughing out loud :-)

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Sabine,

Hitler came up with Spandex.

Just kidding.

Love you, Cindy.

Cindy said...

Yes, I know, one would ask WHY would a 47 yo woman being trying on spandax??

Well.... I am going to try a spinning class at the Y and they requre that you have bike shorts with a pad in the backside.

Ok. Another strange thing. I am trying on spandax that also has EXTRA padding on my backside. Lovely.

Also the bike shorts pushed my extra flesh down my legs so my legs look wrinkled. WRINKLED!

I think I need to pick up Theology of the Body to remind myself that I am truly in God's image and beautiful! lol

K said...

OK... solution. When I did the spinning class, YES YOU NEED THE PADDING, I wore running shorts over the bike shorts. I didn't look as cute as the rest of the class, but I could walk by the mirror without needing antidepressants! LOL

They also have padded seats that can fit over the bike seat itself. I just never wanted to use one that someone else was sweating on... ewwwww

If my leg doesn't heal soon, I may be heading back to spinning as well.

Cindy said...

Oh, thanks for the advice, Karen!
I did buy a new pair of shorts that did fit over them (in case my shorts at home didn't have enough seat room..) I got the idea from some bike shorts I saw there, that had reg short with them (but were too expensive...)

Do you like spinning Karen? I tried it once three years ago at the Y and really did, but it was HARD!

I plan to sign up for a beginning spin class, that also focuses on weight loss over 8 weeks.

Again, I had a flash of laughter in the dressing room yesterday. Looking at myself in the bike shorts, I thought about how the class must all look the first day.

All these people who want to lose weight, who had to go buy bike shorts, showing up for class as newbies.

Bet the instructor had to brace himself for that! lol lol

I hope your leg is better soon- saw about your injury on your blog.

I had an injury a couple of months ago, and it is the pits.

HOpe you are back to running soon.

Maybe you can use your nevrous energy to clean house? Does't work for me, but might for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, now I have to google "spinning." It was a year ago yesterday that I broke my arm! Wow, I made it and maybe I should get a check up? Should the titanium stay or should it go? LOL
I've worked out two days this week and can do some weight bearing exercise with my arm, hurray :-)

Leonie said...

Hi Cindy,

I am glad that spandex and lycra are out for aerobics now - the new workout gear is more flattering, I think, and can go anywhere! Think they could come up wioh something better for spinning or biking???

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels