Monday, March 05, 2007

More Lighthouse Talk

The past two weekends I have attended the Lighthouse kiosk after all the Masses at my parish.

I have met more people in the past two weeks than ever at my parish.

And it is so wonderful.

They will come up and look, avoiding this person (me) who is standing next to the stand.
I will ask if I can help, or if they have any questions please ask.

Then we get to talking.

Sometimes it is a Scott Hahn big fan and we trade stories.. and others listen in! Sometimes it is sad elderly person who says their child has left the Church, what can she do? Sometimes it is someone who is looking for ways to explain the sacraments to a family member.

But we have gotton into the most wonderful conversations. I have learned so much and met the neatest people. Here are some of them:

An elderly lady who is devout Catholic, but doesn't read the Bible much. She fled the Nazis with her family when she was 5 and has a beautiful Austrian accent.

A grandma and her two darling teen grandsons (twins) who live in Dallas. She was getting CDs for them and the boys and I talked as I graduated from the school they just moved to in Dallas. We talked about the CDs and how they should listen to their grandma! And how she will be mailing new CDs as they come out. They were so sweet and polite.. and just good kids.

A lady whose husband does not like the Church (he is Methodist/Baptist) and how her daughters had to negotiate which Chruch to go to. Now the girls are grown and in college but still they are on a journey decided which way to go.

Many quick drop ins asking for titles on things such as suicide, pain, confession.

Father told me that one person got the Anger and Forgivness CD and that caused him to come to confession the next day! Whoo hooo!

So many lovely lives. This has been such a blessing. I know it may prove rough later on, but I am counting the blessings now.

3 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

So beautiful, Cindy!

Congratulations!

K said...

How exciting for you and for all those lives that are being touched by these things.

Now I know why I can't reach you on Sundays... LOL

Cindy said...

Yes, my Sundays are busy.... but nice busy!

Thanks for the kind words. This is such a blessing to me. I realized that I first went to the University of Steubenville 10 years ago this summer where I first heard many of these speakers. And look where I am now. God is so good. :)

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels