Friday, October 26, 2007

I survived...


Wow, I am going to post my bad days more often.. I loved all the sweet notes and encouragment... :) Shucks... I feel like such a whiner, but I did love the love...

During my crash I made a lemon cake. I have had a hankering (Texas word) to make a fresh lemon cake for months. Why? I have no idea. I have never made one in the past and usually when I make desserts (usually for the boys) I head toward chocolate or peanut butter land.

So I bought some big juicy fresh lemons, searched the net for recipe and make it yesterday. I needed some sugar to sooth my raw nerves and it was just divine. I will post the recipe if anyone is interested.

And I also had my dh get some white wine when he went out last night. That helped, too.

I didn't sleep very well, but had the most incredible dreams! Those crazy mixed up dreams where everyone is in but the kitchen sink.. you know?

During part of it I dreamed that every dog sit customer I ever had ended up needing to drop their dog off at my house.. and they did! Dogs everywhere! I lost track of whose food was whose, when they were to eat, the medicines for some, the vitamines and joint flex pills.. then they started to come pick them up and I was scrambling to find the dogs!

I know, I am weird.

Today is better so far....

hugs,
Cindy

2 comments:

Leonie said...

Woo hoo! Glad to hear you're getting better and I'd love the recipe, if you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are having a better day! And the cake looks so yummy! =)

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels