Wednesday, October 24, 2007

When do you sing?


I sing around the house all the time, and usually it is about my dogs. I used to sing to/about my boys when they were little but now I sing to/about the dogs and often in my mind substitue my sons' names.

Like:

"He's my sweetie...he's my little sweetie... love my lit----tle boy! I just love ______ so!"

Now do you see why I don't put my 17yos's name in the blank of the verse? Oh the eye rolls I might get. But I do hug them and call them sweetie pie sometimes in the morning when they are too sleepy to register. :)

Today I worked out and ran some quick morning errands, and upon remembering my next stop, broke into song. I get to see Jasper, my favorite Basset Hound today who just happens to live on the route between Lowes and Krogers!

I get to do mid-day visits for him today and tomorrow as his owner (who works from home) is out all day each day.

So, as I twisted the key in the lock to Jasper's back door, I stepped in his kitchen singing...

"Jassppppper! Jasper-poo! How is my sweetie?"

I hear rumblings, bumps and grunts from the laundry room which soon turned into snuffles, yawns, short barks and then baying! Whoopie! We get to play!

I threw him a treat (first things first) then grabbed the leash as Japser impatiently panted and bayed. He knew what was coming.. potty break!

On our walks I sing to him. He loves it. Then we sat on the flagstone patio and listenend to the birds on the beautiful day. He doesn't usually like going outside, but if I coax and sing he will.

We sat out for a while and he managed to cover me in doghair, nose juice and saliva. What a sweetie.

Can't wait to see him tomorrow and sing some more....!

(P.S.- Where but on google could you search images for 'singing basset hound' and get one back in a nano second? Isn't that a great picture? lol)

2 comments:

Leonie said...

I love your singing!

I usually sing after a workout ( I know, I know) and when something happens that reminds me of a song. :-)

Marie said...

Lunch time seems to make us burst into song around here. I have a post I need to make about that on my "kid" blog!

I must say your love for canines is quite a gift. Dogs would not appreciate my approach very much (which generally entails trying to make sure I experience no physical contact!) The doggies are fortunate to have you!

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels