But, if I did any of the above things would I have time for THIS?
Our first cold front came in and I had a WHIM to make pumpkin muffins. Then I had a whim to give some to some dogsit clients and had a whim to decorate a bag for them. Too-busy people don't have time for WHIMS! And I am glad I do!!
OR THIS?
I painted this watercolor for my dh for our 20th anniversary as he just loved this dog which we bought together after we married. People who work 60 hours a week at high tech firms don't have time to create such masterpieces.. (BG)
OR THIS?
I bought too many eggs this week so decided to hardboil a batch. After writing HB about 4 times I thought, I can be more creative... so we have a fridge door full of smiles.
See what we are adding to the world in our non-productive ways?
Humm.... I feel like making a batch of homemade cookies. Eat your heart out, Hillary!!
4 comments:
Oh, I LOVE this! Aren't whims GRAND?! My boys have been asking for pumpkin muffins...maybe I'll make some, too!
And the painting is beautiful!!! But, may I ask...it looks as if those are plug for a washing and dryer...I COULD be wrong...and if I am, I am sorry.
However, a painting so lovely should not be hidden away in a laundry room!! Hang it somewhere where others will see it and enjoy it - especially YOU!
And the eggs...PERFECT! You inspire me to get my fanny out of the art room and back into the kitchen! =)
Hugs!!
Hi Donna!
Yes, I just took my standard Pumpkin Bread recipe and made muffins. :) Perfect for chilly weather...
Well, this painting IS in the laundry room but really not hidden away!
For a while it was over my piano, then I created a place to showcase all my dachshund statues (I collect them..) and it was the guest bath upstairs. So for the longest while 'Albert' was over the toiliet!
Now, I moved him downstairs because I love to see him. He is over my chest freezer in the laudry room which is bright and cheerful and just off the kitchen and on the way out the door. So it is one of the busiest places in the house... I'll take a pic of its location. Actaully a place of honor.. maybe?
But as I am re-decorating things here, maybe I will look for a good spot.
Maybe next to my Andrew Wyeth? lol
Thanks for your comments and encouragement!
Cindy
Love it all, Cindy. It says to me "Life is fun", and what better instruction is there?
Thanks Marie... :)
Yes, Bryan found those eggs and asked me if they were happy... gosh it is just as easy to draw a happy face as write an H.
Hum, that may be profound! :)
Post a Comment