Monday, October 29, 2007

I Woke Up Late...



...after finishing Schlinder's List in the wee hours of the morning on our little personal DVD player, with the covers draped over me and it so as not to disturb my snoring husband. Still have clean up from his birthday party, need to workout, meal plan, grocery shop and find my mil's birthday present.

Should I make a blog post or go do all the wonderful details of my vocation...?

Hummmm........

Hey, wait, I just did the blog post! And technically this IS part of my vocation, because it keeps me connected, sane and happy. Cool.. so I am now 'ahead of the game.' lol So I will be back soon with the detail-- but just a teaser--

I got a monster post brewing on Schlinder's List (the movie I finally MADE myself watch after years of peeking around the corners) and you gotta hear about our Bananas Foster! I am on sugar hangover today, but wow....

well just stay tuned.. I will be back.


Now where are my gym shoes?

3 comments:

Marie said...

Ok, Cindy. You start out by saying you woke up late, and I see your post was made at 9:26. AM.

Maybe I'm from a different universe, but I always figure "late" requires more digits (or perhaps different letters) than that!

Can't wait to read about SL -- I've never seen it myself. Of course, I've never seen most movies.

Leonie said...

I agree - blogging is a part of our vocation. Did you see that the Pope called for more religious to blog? :-)

Cindy said...

HI Marie-

Well.... um... I am usually up by 6:30 or so. Just this stage of life. I usually get to bed at a reasonable hour and read, and don't have little ones waking me up during the night. :)

Mondays are usually busy, so getting up after 8 puts a kink in the whole day! :)

Leonie, I had not seen that!! Do you have a link or something that is easy to find?

Cindy

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels