
This audio version of My Man Jeeves by P.G. Wodehouse is just too fun.
It is interesting to hear what was 'funny' in 1919 and to try and understand the English terms and phrases. Still trying to figure out from context what the adjective 'rummy' means. I think it is along the lines of 'stinky' or 'unfortunuate'. :)
Something bad would happen and Wooster would say, "Oh, that's just *rummy* !"
Martin Jarvis has played the parts on the stage and does all the voices. Love it! click here
2 comments:
I love Wodehouse's books - esp the Jeeeves and Wooster series. The TV show, now available on DVD and with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie is also very good!
Thanks Leonie and I know I had heard how much you and your boys loved Wodehouse over the years, which is probably what prompted me to check it out from the library!
I will look for the DVD..
Cindy
Post a Comment