Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rockin' IPOD Playlist-- Woo Hoo!


I decided to try a pure eliptical machine workout, something like this:
5 min warm up
5 min little faster
45 min steady 70% hr
5 min cool down

In the past I am HORRIBLE about staying with an eliptical or treadmill very long. Books on tape help me stay on, but oh, I get so bored.

My sons say they love listening to music on the treadmill, so I asked them to put together a playlist on the Ipod that would correspond.

They mostly have video game music on there, but there is a lot of great VG music! They know pretty much what I like, and we went through a few songs. I do like rock and roll, so they put some on, and also sprinkled in some Stephen Curtis Chapman songs (Dive, I Believe) that I love to do housework to.


(Stephen Curtis Chapman)




It was SO FUN! I got on the machine and hit Playlist 2 as Bryan told me to.. and got this really weird song- 20 seconds long called "Grabbed by the Goulies"--
Wierd!! But then it came on again and again and again.. GOTCHA- he got me in a practial joke and thought it hilarious when I later told him I listened to it 10 times before the joke dawned on me...


(Ghoulies Grabbing)








So I switched to Playlist 1 (the real one) and enjoyed the music perfectly timed to my workout plan. Also it was fun to see what he chose. Some songs reminded me of the boys, music I often hear wafting down the stairs. Other songs were ones from the VG Live concert we all went to.

And, the music was all so different- some very epic, and strongly beat-- I put the eliptical on high grade and high resistance and felt like I was climbing a mountain.. then a happy Sonic song would come on and I would put it on light and go really fast, like skipping on water.

And I burned a record number of calories. Tomorrow I plan another eliptical and hope one of my sons will give me a fresh play list.

No comments:

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels