Monday, October 08, 2007

Return of Sherlock Holmes I


I think I have found my very favorite rendition of Sherlock Holmes in audio!
Loved this and I had not heard or read any of these stories before... It includes:

The Adventure of the Empty House
The Adventure of the Norwood Builder
The Adventure of the Six Napoleons and
The Adventure of the Three Students

David Timson does a great job performing, too. I had listened to some Holmes stories that had been 'adapted' and put in a play version.. and now I really see no need for that. Sir Arthur Conon Doyle has such great dialog and imagery, there is not really a need. And this version had lovely music interludes- perfect selections to fit the plot and stories.

A+!

Highly recommended and will be passing this on to the boys for sure...

1 comment:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Cindy,

What ages would you recommend this for?

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Blog Archive

Labels

Labels