Saturday, July 08, 2006

Essence of Knowledge, Knowledge of our Creator

Good Morning!

It is a sultry, foggy morning here near the Gulf Coast and as I took the darling dachshunds out to do their business, the crows were calling in the dark pre-dawn sky.
(I am only up because S dumped Ralphie on me...)

In thinking about the beauty of knowledge, this applied. I get these daily reflections well, daily from Jeff Cavins and Mark Shea.

Do I really understand this.. that I am a poem of God's handiwork? Do I really take time to think about this, let myself absorb it so I can truly know it?

Can I relate this to my sons? In the past I have found I best was able to share something if it was something I really *knew* myself, or was empassioned about the prospect of 'knowing' it.

This is the essense of knowledge- the Essence of our Creator.. I think I will read it to them later today. And, here is the rub for me, to find the times to share things like this. Should I go wake them up? lol

I hope you enjoy.

God Bless,
Cindy


You are God's Poem!
--------------------

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.


--------------------
Today's verse contains a lovely image. For the Greek word for "workmanship" is "poiema" which is the root of our English word "poem." You and I are God's poetry, exquisite works of love over which he has labored with all the care and attention to detail that Shakespeare gave to his sonnets or Dante gave to the intricate texture of his Divine Comedy. To be a Poem of God is a vastly different thing than to be a Math Problem of God or a Legal Difficulty of God or Philosophical Problem of God. It bespeaks the tenderness, the exacting love of beauty, the tears and living that God has brought to bear on our creation. The only thing more piercing than being told we are God's Poem is being told we are God's own children. And he has told us that too.

**************************************************

Just a Word of Encouragement
from Mark Shea & Jeff Cavins




To sign up your friends for the Words of Encouragement,
go to http://www.CatholicExchange.com/church_today/message.asp?sec_id=5

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy,

Wow, I love your blog. Full of great thoughts. I loved looking at your old goals. I think you and I have a lot in common!

Blessings,

Faith

Cindy said...

Oh, thank you Faith.

I love your ideas, too.. and the way you express your though process and ponderings along the way. You were another inspiration for me to start this one.

I hope you can drop in often. :)

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels