Wednesday, July 12, 2006

No Makeup

I had an interesting discussion with a freind about blogs.

We talked about the entire new culture that has arisen in bloggerdom, especially in homeschool circles. We both expressed what we appreciated about them as well as the traps they can hold. Pride, expectation, competitiveness- overtly or probably more commonly, subconsiously.

We also talked about how some blogs are wonderful because of their 'dressed up' nature. Honestly I think that is one reason I like to blog.. I know *someone* might be reading, so I put a little more effort in to it than if no one was. I like some blogs that are dressed up because I know it will be a treat for my eyes and mind.

Other blogs are 'come as you are'. As my friend said, they are the blogs that are wearing no makeup. :) I liked that.

The owners don't care quite so much if anyone is reading, but are happy when others connect. They are more pure, more raw and often more real.

That is what I'm hoping this one can be. It may not be very entertaining and may be down right boring to anyone but me. But it is a place I can work out this journey and if someone connects or has a thought, that is even better.

That is nice. I am really enjoying it.

My other blog is more of a party. I love the pictures and the book reviews and all that.

Ok.

God Bless,
Cindy

No comments:

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels