Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
7 comments:
LOL - I thought it was a toy, a stuffed animal that is ;-) If I had to choose between a miniature poodle, a hairless dog and a bulldog, the bulldog would win hands down!
I guess that's why I'm not a dog show judge ;-) I like muts and big dogs!
Ha ha Beate, that was my reaction, too. When I first saw it I got a feeling like maybe it was a clone dog or something surreal. How in the world can you spend FIVE HOURS grooming something that small? It only take me 20 minutes to wash my whole station wagon!
I love mutts, too.... but I must confess a pechant for dachshunds. Mostly b/c my dh and I both had dachshunds growing up and now we are on our 4th together. Something about that long, short and brown body.... lol
I am sure this dog had all the 'right stuff' - perfect proportions, right sized foot, etc. When we got Ralphie (whose line was dog show winners, which we didn't care about) I asked the breeder if Boomer had a chance in a dog show. She said his eyes were too round, and they should be more almond shaped. Well, that and that he was a bit chubby.
Pshaw, I thought.. he looks perfect to me.. lol
Have you ever been to dog shows? This has me going.. it is really kind of weird how they are all trying to get their dogs to look like this perfection. An artificial perfection that was devised by people.... after people made up breeds in the first place.
It is all a bit silly! I like agility trails much more!
Wow, all this before my first cup of coffee..
Thanks for the comments...
FIVE HOURS of GROOMING??!!! I'm sorry, I'll take my chocolate lab/ridgeback mix that only asks for a pat on the head and a good run now and then any day!
You've been a busy blogger today!!
My first reaction to "Best dog in the World" was, of course, "no way, are you kidding?!?" Then maybe if that dog's owner loves that puny lookin', freakishly time consuming groomed poodle, to them it would be the best as our dogs are the best to us, that is when they are unbelievably annoying! LOL
It looks like some ball for a new sport...
And I AM a dog lover...but this isn't a dog...it's someone's play thing...yuck...
Give 'em a T-bone and some freedom from fluffing!
I know... it is rather strange looking.. I am kinda sad that one won. I wold have preferred some big happy Lab!
Post a Comment