Friday, May 18, 2007

More Sprucing...

When I was at Hobby Lobby I found all sorts of neat stuff. I really have to remember to ask my guys to give me a gift certificate there next time they have a gift occasion! They have such great sales and stuff I really like... decorating wise!

See two new finds below! It is a long time I just bought something I liked for the house!
























"TRUST "
I just loved this when I saw it! Trusting God. Trusting myself. Trusting my children. Trusting my husband. Trusting Life. I just liked it as it reminds me of all these things. It is in my kitchen on the top of the baker's rack --if you notice it is just above the TV... so when I get depressed by the news.. I can see the trust!
(if you click on it you can see pics of my darling boys when they were little.... can you guess who is who? The personalities show! Hint: Careful Climber and Unabashed Batter Licker! lol)

The vase is from my mil and the roses are from our front flower pots. :)
My other flower pots are dead, so don't be too impressed...notice I didn't show pics of those...
























The Coffee Sign.
Now, this just struck me and I went for it. We love our coffee here. I admit, I love Starbucks and so does my dh and the boys do occasionally. Being in a big city suburb we have them everywhere and make our own Starbucks at home, too. And occasionally on a pretty morning my dh and I will walk (yes WALK in this car town!) to our local Starbucks and get a cup. So, I got this sign. It is by my pot. :)

My husband came home and said...
"What is with the 'coffee' and 'trust'?"

Oh, men.

I said.. I just liked them! I love being a girl. :0

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with asking "What's with 'coffee' and 'trust'?" LOL If you have to ask.....

I love both the signs, quite lovely!

Marie said...

I can't believe it! A house that real people live in with empty counter space! I'll have to UPS you a few dozen boxes of our clutter -- you obviously need some ;)

Leonie said...

Men! I love your signs and understand your dh's comments exactly - my dh is the same. Sometimes its funny being the only female in an otherwise all male household....

K said...

Ok, I'm jealous! No dust bunnies, piles of mail, or laundry to be folded anywhere in site!!! How do you do it??~~~!!!

Cindy said...

Ok, ok, I will put up some pictures of clutter.. what's with you guys? lol lol

I admit things are less cluttered since I started pseudo-fly lady again... but I was going crazy with the clutter. So, when I found a neat spot, THAT is what went on my blog. I took some pics of 'before' in Bryan's room when I cleaned up and expanded the space, but I have not gotton to the closets, etc. But just for you, my dear friends, ;) I will post some of my messy legacy.. lol

I don't want you to feel intimidated by my 'clean' pictures. ha ha ha

Cay Gibson said...

Oh, I love it all.
The Willow Tree figures are my favorites. :)

Cindy said...

Thanks, Cay... I love them, too. Do you have many?

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels