We are home, after my third out of town trip in 4 weeks. Whew.
Florida was beautiful and was is just yesterday am my dh and I were strolling the empty beach?
I learned to surf. (footnoted)
Today we went to Mass and I was mad. Not by my fault we were late. They made a crowd of us, mothers included, stand in the gathering space for 10 minutes. I was mad throughout Mass. Weird feeling to be mad when the priest is blessing you and the other mothers. I think all this travel had me stressed.
My guys are now out shopping for me. Dh is making me a steak dinner tonight with his special homemade salad and dressing and big bakers.
At 3pm we are all going to the Y to play racquetball and workout.
All the courts were free.... why? I wondered? Dh said probably because everyone was doing things for Mother's Day.
What, no one likes racquetball? :)
Happy Mother's Day to all my dear friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours
Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)
About Us
- Cindy
- Texas, United States
- We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity.
That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "
~ Pope John Paul II
~ Pope John Paul II
I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]
Blog Archive
-
▼
2007
(304)
-
▼
May
(24)
- What Makes Your Heart Sing?
- St. Augustine, you know us well....
- The Best Dog in the World!?
- "Dear Flylady"- Butterflies
- Some Favorite Piano Music
- More Incredible Insight (smile)
- Why We Blog
- It is Late May.. so IT'S INEVITABLE...I know you h...
- Ralphie at Rest
- Red and Rover
- Minestrone with Italian Sausage
- Bye bye to Clutter- Flylady Blessings
- To Google or Not To Google- I love research!
- 24 Year Ago Today....
- Advanced Yoga?
- For those of you who want to see the real me.. lol
- My Cage
- More Sprucing...
- Sprucing Up My Creative Space
- Dog Mama
- New name!
- Happy Day!
- Mother's Day
- I Am Still Here!
-
▼
May
(24)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
Labels
- art (9)
- atmosphere (12)
- audio (2)
- books (3)
- comics (11)
- crafts (6)
- creativity (8)
- culture (9)
- current events (10)
- dogsitting (1)
- dvd (3)
- education (23)
- faith (22)
- family (38)
- feasts (5)
- fitness (5)
- flylady (1)
- food (3)
- friends (14)
- fun (14)
- greatbooks (5)
- health (3)
- history (14)
- holidays (3)
- homemaking (20)
- journey (18)
- joy (10)
- learning philosophy (7)
- learning self study (13)
- literature (6)
- liturgical year (6)
- marriage (4)
- math (2)
- media (2)
- meme (1)
- misc (4)
- movies (6)
- music (2)
- noticing (1)
- organization (5)
- parenting (2)
- pegs (2)
- quotes (3)
- real learning (15)
- recipes (8)
- resources (2)
- saints (2)
- SEE-ing learning (4)
- silliness (16)
- teachingcompany (2)
- traditions (5)
- vacation (4)
6 comments:
Hope you enjoyed your yummy dinner and will have space to get rested up from travel. I think I'd be wanting to nail myself to the floor for a few days at least!
Hope you enjoyed surfing - its fun!
Surfing!? Too cool!
I'm sorry you were mad during Mass - unfortunately, I know that feeling, too.
Hi Leoine and Maria-
The surfing was very cool, but I never got wet. The waves were unusally big and we stood out on the big pier and the surfers were doing their thing right near us,... we could see the whites of their eyes!
Bryan and I figured out the techinge from a couple hours of watching. I googled it and the 'lessons on line' were just as we learned by watching. ;)
Yes, it was not fun being upset at Mass, Maria. Thanks for the condolences. I remember one time in the past when that happened in the past... a Palm Sunday.
This time I stewed and could not shake it.. the we did the sign of the peace and all the handshakes, smiles and hugs just melted it away. I really knew that Christ was in his 'body' of the Church that day. :0
God Bless,
Glad your day got better..
This sounds like an ideal Mother's Day to me. Especially the court time. I remember when I could actually play. sigh...
Post a Comment