Monday, May 21, 2007

For those of you who want to see the real me.. lol

You see, I don't usually go around taking pictures of my clutter.. lol But in fact it got to a point of driving me nuts. The boys pretty much have run of the upstairs. Two pics are of their Inner Sanctum.. the gameroom. I pretty much let it go, but then ask them to pick up enough so I can vaccum once in a while so Bryan's allergies don't go nuts.

Mom Guilt: when the room is so dirty your son is suffering and sick because of it.. oh my.

But then the clutter started piling up downstairs. And I found I was always feeling so behind I would not do anything else. I would not let myself do something fun or different until the house was clean.. so of course I never did. Sad but true.

But I don't have any pictures of that. That is like forcing you to take the BEFORE picture when you start a diet. Yuck!

So I started fly lady Light again.. and last week when I had the down stairs straight and made headway in Bryan's room, I sat on the couch with a cup of tea and felt so calm. Maybe I am strange, but it felt so good I wanted to keep that as a goal.

Anyway, there is lots of dust and dirt you can't see, believe me.. and my other post, was of course the clean corners with the new little decor. I would not put it in a messy corner or I would never see it! lol

So a little bit of messy ol' me I happen to have old pics of.
Wish I had some pics of my messy kitchen... enjoy!
























Inner Sanctum


























Bryan's Room


Game Closet























Inner Sanctum II

6 comments:

Leonie said...

I love seeing the inner sanctum! And, yes, I know what you mean abiout sometimes having to fix those little niggly thins that clutter - we've both been on an organizing kick!

Marie said...

Hi Cindy

Ok, so you do actually have clutter potential. Personally I don't feel closet clutter counts, as long as the door shuts or nothing (dangerous) flies out at you upon opening :)

When dd was about 6 months old we appeared in a newspaper story with a colored picture of her sitting on her little baby potty in our living room. Someone in a yahoo group commented that they had always held back doing "publicity" for our (infant pottying) issue because of a messy house. She looked at the picture and said she was inspired to go ahead to do it anyway, despite the mess, "just like you did." I thought, mess? Huh? Oh... yeah....

I believe I suffer from a significant lack of self-consciousness about tidyness sometimes.... Sort of like having the pain reflex missing to know when you are in danger.... :)

K said...

Ahhhhh.... I feel at home.... LOL!!! I know exactly what you mean, Cindy.

How do you do Fly lady Light...?

Cindy said...

HI Leonie--
I have enjoyed your posts on organization! I guess we are on the same wavelength...:)

Marie-
Well, I think it is nice that you don't stress over clutter. I have to be careful the other way, where it interferes with my mood too much. One time I had the house all clean and I felt so peaceful... humm... there is more to life!

Hi Karen-
Well, I guess my "light" version of FL is that I don't read all the emails, just have them put in a folder and skim...

Also I change it around and do the days how they fit my schedule. My sink is not always clean, either, though I totally agree with here on how doing that can spread throughout the house.

I do like her philosophy though. I found her book, Sink Reflections at the library and am reading it. It is really just her whole site, etc put in a book form. I like her because she looks beyond the house and helps you get control where you need it in small steps.

I am trying the zone cleaning though and it is working pretty well. Today I did my master bath and bedroom. That one part of my house is now really clean. I would try and clean the whole house and get overwhelmed... so just would try do to one level. But I would SEE where all this deep cleaning needed to be done and felt so overwhelmed I would either overwork and burn out or just give up.

I like the idea that now the master bath/room are done and hopefully will get done again in about 5 weeks or so.

I like how she says to stop and not obsess. I saw SO much more that needed to be done, like closets cleaned out, drawers, etc. But I spent an hour just on the shower, etc. And heard her voice say that it can't all be done in a day, I can do other things next time.

I also like how she suggests the home blessing time and just to lightly clean once a week. Just vacuum the middles. I like that.

So, I guess that is my version.. seems to be working so far (3 weeks into it). My problem is things will look better, so I will slack up, then get right back where I was. So I hope to keep it 'light' and not aim for perfecttion.

More than you wanted to know? lol

Cay Gibson said...

What lovely rooms. :)

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

That's the lived-in, loved-in look! :-)

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels