Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Day!


Well, I just love sharing good news. Last year my dh changed job and they wanted us to move. They agreed to let us stay in Houston for a year. Well the year is up soon and they were making noise again about us moving. Bummer.

We know that moves can be wonderful. Every move we have made has brought us new friends and experiences. We know God has plans for us wherever we go. But we REALLY wanted to stay. Especially with the boys at ages 16 and 13, this is their home. We have been here just over 8 years, the longest we have lived anywhere.

I have a wonderful network here. And my dh is feeling settled, too.

Well, today after his review his boss said the big cheeses discussed it and we can stay! They are happy with how he has handled things here, as his customers are all here or nearby. It is officially 'off the table' so we can relax! And do those projects we had planned to further customize our house to our liking.

Hooray!

My dh is driving in from Dallas tonight and wants to tell the boys himself. They will be so happy. :)

5 comments:

K said...

WOW!! Weren't we just talking about this yesterday!!

How wonderful! I was feeling sorry for myself thinking of you moving away. Even though I don't get to see you very often, thinking that I never would makes me crazy!

Cindy said...

Yes, we were! When J's boss called him aside after the meeting to discuss 'relo' he thought it was going to go the other way.. :( but was so happy when it went the right way!

Boys were so happy when he told them last night about 10:30... :)

I know, Karen... I wish I saw you more, but I know you are there!

Thank good ness for blogs.. I can see your kids grow up! lol

Anonymous said...

Yea!! I'll be that relieves a lot of stress!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read this too. I like knowing you're my neighbor. :)

Doesn't your dh work at home though? Not sure how that all works (and please don't feel you have to explain anything).

Cindy said...

Hi Cay.. no problem!

My dh changed jobs last year and went to work for a company that was starting up a sales office in Dallas and they wanted us to move there.

After we asked if we could stay, they agreed to letting him work out of Houston (our house) for a year the we were to move.

All his customers are in Hosuton or LA (he goes to N.O. and Baton Rouge often). The year is about up and the big guys were still wanting him to work out of Dallas, but I think they saw it was working well here so they decided to make this permament.

We just hope it stays that way!
And yes, he is working home full time, though he does see customers and travel some. Like this week he is gone more than home, but some weeks is home more than gone.

Tmi? lol! Thanks for asking...

Welcome to Our Blog!

Welcome to Our Blog!
Blessings to you and yours

Most of the Kelly Family (dh holding camera)

About Us

My photo
Texas, United States
We are all on a journey, and this blog's reason for existence is to be a place to put mine. From humble suburbian begnnings just north of Dallas to a Catholic unschooler with a passion for faith, lifelong learning, my family and dogs, here I stand before you. Welcome to my world!
Authenticity. That would have to be my theme at present. To enjoy my family, be true to ourselves and our faith and be authentic and enthusiastic about life!
"True happiness lies in giving ourselves in love to our brothers and sisters. "

~ Pope John Paul II

I love Dog Day Afternoons...
"What children need is not new and better curricula but access to more and more of the real world; plenty of time and space to think over their experiences, and to use fantasy and play to make meaning out of them; and advice, road maps, guidebooks, to make it easier for them to get where they want to go (not where we think they ought to go), and to find out what they want to find out." [from Teach Your Own by John Holt.]

Labels

Labels