Anyway, I thought I'd pass on here some of the emails that are blessing me. I am working on clutter.... and trying to find my comfort zone. I actually threw out too much a month ago as I ruthlessly cleaned out a closet that had crafting supplies from over 10 years ago. Then I found I needed/wanted some of them back! Luckily they were still bagged in my garage.
But I think the above situation is rare and actually loved the following email about how to get clutter gone. It is as if she is reading my mind sometimes....
Your Suprise Challenge for today is to take 15 minutes to find several places that you can make your donations. You want to think about this first. You want to have at least one place that will come to you and pick things up (example Purple Heart or Salvation Army).
You want to have one place that has a drop off location in a convenient area for you. You want to have a place that you can do what I call the toss and drop. An example is a Goodwill trailer in a parking lot of a shopping center or churches that have dumpster like containers that you can drop off your things without too much hassle.
The hassle factor is what prevents us from actually blessing others. If it is too hard or too many details we find ourselves keeping the clutter instead of getting it out of our homes. I personally prefer to donate items to places that truly need it.
One of my favorite places is a re-sale shop that is for victims of domestic violence. The items are taken into the shop and inventoried. If there is someone that needs a certain item, it is given to them.
What is donated that is not chosen for someone goes into the re-sale shop and all of the profits of these items go towards counseling services, safe houses, docotor visits and much more for the victims
No comments:
Post a Comment