
Ok, time for a little venting. :0
I know I am out of step with a lot of the world, marching to a different drummer in a lot of ways. That is ok, and I have people on the journey with me.
I think I am sad because I feel I have lost some people important to me because they are so busy being in the world.
My lifestyle is much more laid back than many people. My guys (all three) are not social butterflies. I am a butterfly/moth combo. I love my 'out' time.. but really love my 'in' time, too. So part of my challenge is keeping me balanced.
But, sometimes I will see old friends who are so busy. I mean BUSY. I mean BUSY, BUSY, BUSY. Do you understand, I mean
BUSY! ...
...who are running so much and don't have time for lunch, or a cup of tea and are always stressed.
I know part of this is selfishness, because I want them in my lives. But I think it also relates to the comment I just posted back to Marie on my video game entry.... I wonder if the current culture has us duped? That we have to have the biggest, newest, best.. and that means experiences, too and we always have to be running and out there.
The current badge of honor-
'I AM THE BUSIEST'
Ok. I am through. I love life and to explore and go and do. I could probably use more of that than I am getting right now with my introverted family. :0 So I may come from an altered perspective. But I miss people and I also miss talking about deeper things then how busy everyone is.
3 comments:
Atm, I'm busy, busy, busy - and I don't like it! However, the CGS training is so important...then CGS ends up becoming part of life. Today, I was totally dismayed to actually find myself brainstorming ways to make an atrium possible for our hs community. Eeek - I really can't -but what if that's what I'm supposed to do??? How do you know?? I already judge that I'm not doing enough at home. Still, I'd have tea with you in a heartbeat if it weren't a 5 hour drive ;-)
I think, too, that it depends on the kind of "busy". I'm very busy as a mom/wife/homemaker - sometimes REALLY busy! But it is a kind of busy that allows for a break to be taken for tea or whatever. I know what you mean, though. I have a dear friend who for about 4 years now has literally not been able to get together for just a cup of coffee because she is just always BUSY (I prefer to believe her rather than think that maybe, after 4 years, she just doesn't LIKE me anymore! LOL!)
I think you got it right, Donna.... I like being busy and productive, too. I just see so little margin out there and stress.
But, maybe 4 years is the limit! I should take a hint, too!lol
Post a Comment